Monday, June 27, 2011

Friends as therapy....







Fair warning this post isn't deep and I doubt it will be "life changing" its really just the reflection of my thankful heart. I am so blessed to have a lot of friends....and I love them each new and old dearly! That being said I have very few "besties" as is the term used today :)! While I really am much like an open book as far as my opinions, choices, etc go there are parts of myself reserved only for the truly brave at heart....the "girls"! I must also before going on say that my ultimate best friend is my hubby....he really knows me in away no one else does...that said he is probably even more thankful for my "besties" than I am!!! These women who I am proud to call my best friends have known me for what feels like a lifetime. We have literally grown up together....we have seen one another through death, life, marriage, divorce, sickness, career change, and every other valley and peak you can think of. We have enough "dirt" on the other to write about 10 best sellers and we all have enough amazing stories to share we could write 10,000 mushy friendship greeting cards (which isn't any of our styles so that won't be happening...lol). These women over the years have worn several hats for me....but two things have remained constant they are always truthful and always love me. Now....we don't always agree but we always support each other! They have shown me loyalty like no other and they have jumped to do my defense time and time again. We have reached a place in our lives were we make time for one another....we may not talk daily (although we usually do) but we pick up right where we left off before. My husband often sends me to them when I have a breakdown and he has pulled out all the stops....he gives that look of "I haven't a clue what to do with you" and that is when I know a gno is a must!! Whether its lunch or dinner (always over Mexican food) or a nice long conversation...I always leave feeling better....having laughed, cried, laughed again! These women have been my therapy! I am blessed to walk through this life with them....they make me feel like being me (flaws and all) is ok and more than that is what they most love about me. I am proud to call them my friends...really my sisters! So call your friend, text, post on fb, whatever say how lucky you know you are and treasure free therapy :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment