Monday, February 4, 2013

Dirt grows good things ....

Today we finished school early in anticipation of a beautiful day.  We had a quick bite and I turned out the little babies to enjoy the day.  Our back yard has been the set of many adventures, from a desert island, to a jungle, and even a castle complete with a princess to defend.  Today it was just a back yard.  I opened the windows in the house and started some of my "momma stuff", and I enjoyed hearing my kiddos laugh together.  As I went from room to room I could hear giggles, conversations, and of course some quippy taunting every now and again.  I noticed they came inside a few times for some odds and ends, just the norm you know....popcorn kernels, plastic cups, and water :). I wondered what they were doing, so I peeked, and they were planting their kernels in cups and packing it with dirt.  It started there and ended with dirt confetti- need I say more.  I heard them conspire to get as dirty as possible in the hopes of bubble bath in my big tub! It was just a nice day....not perfect....but nice.  They still fought, I still had to coax Hannah to read, I still had to "gently" encourage Noah to finish his lunch, and I will have to was a mound of dirt from them tonight(in my big tug of course), but all in all its a good day.  Dirt grows good things....today it grew precious memories and maybe corn- who knows :)

No comments:

Post a Comment