Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Thank You

Today I was in charge, I use the term loosely, of nine kiddos.  I had my three and one of my closet friends six.  You read that right- they have six beautiful blessings from God.  I do life with some amazing moms. I mean like the best of the best, and this lady in their ranks for sure.  I wanted to write a little "thank you" to her for today.
Kim,

You see I learned a lot today.  Sis, I learned you are a busy lady.  I mean busy.  Between homeschool, snacks, wiping bottoms, wiping noses, listening to sweet stories, and feeding people- I am exhausted.  And I must make a confession- I had help with lunch!!  My sweet discipleship girl was here at noon and we tackled the nine lunches together.  Sister, I didn't do one load of laundry, my sink is packed with dishes, and its 5:07pm and I just showered for the day.  How do you do it all?  That isn't my only question...how do you do it with grace, organization, and a sense of humor?

I also want you to know that your babies are sweet.  I can see and hear your intentional parenting in how they talk and treat one another.  No, nothing was perfect about today....but it was beautiful.  I realized how thankful I am to walk so closely with you.  At some point the distinction between your kids and my kids went away and we were just all of us!  We laughed, cried, danced, joked, and rested!!  And girl I am tired!  I don't say this to say your kids are hard....on the contrary I tell you this to say your kids are a blessing and your job is busy.  I am wondering how often you hear" good job"?

I have been at this mom thang long enough to know that we don't do it for the accolades :), but thank you!  Thank you for trusting God when He said "I am placing kiddos orphaned by pitfalls of life in your family" for you to love and raise.  Thank you for loving your babies more than you love "your me time"!  Thank you for disciplining your kiddos and pointing them to Jesus!!  Thank you for the endless amounts of laundry and dishes you some how manage to do.  Thanks for finding time to be a great friend to me(seriously how do you do that)!  Thanks for taking regular showers....seriously I find that to be impressive!!  And thanks for sharing your big, beautiful, God sculpted family with us!!  This verse comes to mind for you sis....

"She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.  Her children rise up and call her blessed...." Proverbs 31:27-28

In loving thankfulness,
Holly

So ladies share the love with a mom who is in the trenches and rockin it!!  Let her know she is awesome!!  Let her know laundry piles, dirty dishes, dirty hair, and completed pinterest crafts are not where her worth is....the truth is she is  worth more than rubies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment