Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Her Head on My Shoulder

Today, we sat down on our futon in our home school room to read. I was sandwiched by my two oldest children, and Noah was playing in and around the room.  We were all three, covered in a warm fuzzy blanket, hunkered in to hear the latest chapter in Grandma's Attic. As I read Hannah leaned her head over on my shoulder and rested it there.  

I read the words on the pages and we all enjoyed the chapter, and at the end we all continued with our morning.  The moment of still sweetness was over almost before it started, but all the same it was precious.  She is 8 and busy.  She is fun-loving, kind, energetic, and full of life. She is loving and affectionate just equally busy and running. She is growing and she needs me a little differently, no less, just different. We have long talks, often about nothing, and we laugh and play games. We spend lots of time learning stuff about friends, life, family, and God. She is growing....and growing....and changing.....sometimes too fast for mom....wait mom still wants to warm you a bottle and swaddle you up....and spend all night with you sleeping on my chest.  But the fact is that isn't what she needs now.  She needs me to sit and listen, to paint toes and fingers, to wipe tears, brush hair, help with outfits, remind her she is God's treasure, teach her to love God and others, have a lot of fun, and she needs me to  slow down and let her head rest on me a bit.  

Watching my daughter grow reminds me of life's journey.  From her start, to her as a toddler, to her as a child, to her now growing into a young lady, just reminds me the journey is beautiful. We all need love along this journey.  We need love to manifest as we grow, but all the same we need it.  God designed it this way ,and it's absolute beauty at its best. He knit her together in my womb and wrote the days of her life....what a blessing to watch them unfold.

Hope you find joy in watching your children today...and I hope it leaves you humbled by the Creator of Life....AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment