Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year


Well its that time of year again a time when we reflect on the past year and make a long list of things to do for next year. We don't do resolutions but we do try and learn something from our year prior and bring that lesson forward. So as I was reflecting about this past year....I guess whirlwind is the term that comes to mind. Its not bad just busy is what come to mind. We started the year in Moore and we end in Shawnee and in between we have decided to home school, prayed about becoming missionaries and found our place is here, watched Noah learn to walk, and decided to start a business. The feeling I am mostly left with is tiredness....lol. We have been so blessed but in the midst of blessing I see parts of us still reaching for the "next" and the "after that". Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with wanting more or to grow in this way or the other.....just feel like we could have done more "just living" being present in the day and with the people God puts in our path. Those people could be family, friends, or the lady in front of me at Walmart. There is a lot of freedom in having your eternity sealed up in Christ....freedom to sit still sometimes, freedom to take the time to get to know someone, and freedom to love with abandon others around you. Sometimes even in spite of this freedom...I run from one activity to another with little thought of people or even what I am doing.....but I am checking it off the list. I don't mean to say that we shouldn't keep everything in "eternal perspective" ....on the contrary its because of our eternal perspective we can take a "moment" to breath, love, and live. Grace isn't achieved it was given by Christ and because of this I can let myself and my "to do" list off the hook sometimes and just experience His grace. So this year I hope to sit more, laugh more, take time to take some good pictures w/ my camera and my mind :), breath deep, feel guilt less often, love with abandon, and enjoy the moments with people He brings into my path. 2011 is a year of being present in the now.....because I know where my future is!

No comments:

Post a Comment