Monday, January 24, 2011

" A Thankful Heart"

I am the worst, and I do mean the worst, at forgetting to "count my blessings" as they say. Most times it takes something viewed in contrast to my own situation to remind me how much God has blessed me. This really saddens me this morning. If I want to think in terms of comparison it should be in terms of what God has done for me and what I deserve. That is simple....God gave me life through Christ Jesus when what I deserve is eternal wrath for my sin. People don't really like to think of it this way because it makes God really big, a little scary, and very powerful....well guess what He is and we didn't make Him anything. But for every bit of power there is also grace, mercy, and love. Just sitting here thinking about Him sending His son to die for me....I mean just take a second and stop what you are doing and think.....you are breathing, you are thinking, you have a body with senses, created for what??? Its amazing it will humble you very quickly to think of creation and then stop and think about salvation in Christ. I could never do what He did and yet I forget so easily that I draw breath and that my tomorrow is possible because of Him, that me and my children and Sammy have an eternity that this earth can't touch. Its so easy to forget even tangible touchable blessings.....like being a mom, or having a home, or your health, but what about the blessing of drawing a breath this morning or the promise of living forever in heaven with your Creator......hard to wrap my head around but no doubt leaves me knowing I am here to somehow be used for His glory as a wife, mom, friend, stranger.....and leaves me thankful!
Phil 4:4 Rejoice today......He has breathed life into us and given us all we need for life

No comments:

Post a Comment