Friday, February 4, 2011

My Countenance radiates.....


I was doing my Bible Study today and this quote popped out at me from a book called "Prayers That Avail Much", it said "Happy am I because God is my Lord....That spirit of rejoicing joy and laughter is my heritage...my countenance radiates the joy of the Lord." It was a quote too scripture packed and too powerful for me to gloss over. I found Isaiah 51:11 " ....gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away". Early in that same verse it says that "everlasting joy will crown their heads". I love that!!! How much does wearing a crown of joy in Christ influence your countenance. Greatly I would think, then I began to think what a crown signifies. It gives a title...ie a queen is made known upon entering a room by her crown thus it gives an identity. A crown sets apart someone....or makes them different and lastly a crown comes with some responsibilities. A leader of a kingdom , if you will, must exercise that power with grace and compassion to others needs. You can be "crowned" by lots of things in this world.....money, success, envy, passion, love, stuff, etc. but will that "set you apart, give you an identity, or make you aware of others....I hope to be crowned by His joy so my sighing will flee away....I don't want to be left wearing a crown of emptiness. Its so easy to love the blessings of God and try to get joy from them.....they may bring happiness....but joy is only in Christ not His blessings. I pray to wear a crown of joy in Jesus and let what He blesses me with just "bedazzle" it if you will :) I hope my heritage to my children is my joy in Him that doesn't wavier with my momentary feelings of "happiness".....musings from snow day four!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment