Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Seeing Jesus

One day a couple of weeks ago I asked Hannah and Ethan (Noah was there but not paying me one ounce of attention) if they could see Jesus. They both immediatley said yes. So I said you can??? Hannah said, "yes I see Jesus in my daddy when he hugs me and plays with me", then Ethan said "I see Jesus in Ms. Melissa cause she loves the poor more than her own self". Ms. Melissa is one of the founders of a local resuce mission in our hometown. There were two things that struck me about this exchange....the first was that both my children understood what Christ looks like in people and thus is the foundation to build that same character in them (I pray), and second was the impact people can have on my children without even knowing it. You see Ms. Melissa is someone we see at best monthly or maybe a couple of times a month. She isn't someone who spends a great deal of time with us or us with her, but in the small amount of time my kids see her she shows them Jesus!!!! So as I sit here today thinking about this....it leaves me really thankful for the people I see Jesus in that toucch our lives daily....but I am also greatful for the ones that we don't see often but when we do we catch an amzing glimpse of Christ in them. I hope and pray we are raising people who will show the world Jesus too!!

2 comments:

  1. Holly, this is beautiful. You are such a wonderful and Godly mother. You are teach your kids by example what it means to let Jesus shine through them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could just eat that little Ethan up. On Sunday we were looking at pictures of different chores and talking about how to have joy. His pic. was of some toys. When I asked how he can have joy with toys he said, "by sharing them with someone else." Just precious!

    Necoe

    ReplyDelete