Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Days


Well we have been snowed in for the better part of three days now, and I am beginning to think maybe there is something wrong with us....you see we aren't sick of each other or being stuck here. We have really enjoyed a much needed slow down and the time together just the 5 of us. We have eaten too much and spent our days playing. So what you ask is so blog worthy about that....well one thing playing in the snow. The first two days Sammy took the big kiddos out to play in the snow in the afternoons while I stayed in side with a napping Noah. I would watch from the window secretly glad he was braving the cold and not me. I got a great kick out of them running and playing and falling in the snow, but no part of it really made me want any part of it. That all changed today. Sammy had to work all day from home so it was my turn to take them out...I mean in Oklahoma you take advantage of this much snow it doesn't happen often. So we take 20 minutes to bundle up to play only 30min :), but it was the best spent 30 minutes I have had in a long time. It was like a became a kid again. We ran in really tall snow drifts and fell in them up to my waist. We attempted the snowman with a group effort based around a master plan we came up with together. We threw snowballs and made a makeshift sled from our laundry basket. We blanketed the yard with snow angels and before we knew it our 30 min was up and daddy was telling us to come in. We weren't even cold....I never thought about how loud we were, or how cold it was, or what chore was next, or if we were late, our only thought was nothing.....just playing. I don't do this enough and honestly its hard to do that....I mean stuff does have to get done....someone must clean and cook and give baths if people want to live, eat, and smell good lol!!! But for today the half hour spent playing left me feeling rested and young....like a kid.....I even think I became a bit "cooler" in their eyes too....at least I am hoping!!! So you guessed it I have volunteered to take them out tomorrow!!! I mean after all kids gotta play!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment