Monday, October 18, 2010

A Good Dose of Conviction or Guilt?

Am I the only woman who at times struggles with question of" is the guilt or conviction?" I know that God doesn't deal in guilt and the world would like nothing more than to make me question my convictions. Its hard today to remain in the world and not of it. I feel like everyday some little choice presents itself and I think well seems innocent enough, but what does that lead to. It could be anything from parenting, to my marriage, to a friendship, or an activity. If I am not careful to say no enough and yes enough ;I find myself either signed up for everything all the time, or doing nothing and wondering why???? I love the idea of a scale so I can throw all the stuff on it and make sure its weighted evenly, and maybe just maybe I have that. I have felt over the past few months, especially in light of home school, that getting us out and involved is a must. While, I have enjoyed the activities it has left me with tired kiddos and a tired momma, and a daddy going "what....and well just tell me what time to be there". Sad really! The time we have been at home has been enjoyable but not as quality as I would have liked. I really have been praying that service, activities, and commitments could be about glorifying God and not making us busier. I have also been praying to be able to sort out the guilt from others and the conviction from God. Along with saying "sorry I can't" sometimes comes some disappointment which I hate to do "disappoint" others, but that can't be a reason to stay so busy. Life schedules itself if you aren't careful....and then you look around and go now wait what do we believe, what do we feel about family, how do we love others....we really forget the great "why" of it all. So things I am holding to....God's convictions on my heart about meaningful family time, loving others as ourselves, and taking time to love Him first. The guilt will have to wait.....just a little thought for today! Stop and ask "why" make sure it lines up with the plan God has for you and your family....if not say no and be ok about it! Trying to take my own advice :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment