Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The role of child, wife, and mom!


Sometimes I am crazy....well a lot of times I am crazy....I have these crazy moments where I tend to lose focus on what and who really matters. These moments always have one common denominator....lack of intimacy with God. Sometimes I can mean so well and yet fail so badly with my quiet time, my Bible study, my time with my husband and my kids. The origin of this last moment began oddly enough with me thinking I wasn't "enough" I was just a wife and a mom. I don't serve enough, I don't work outside the home, I don't have enough stuff, I don't do enough "big" stuff. You know what I mean....as if being a wife and a mom aren't enough. The good news in this is I have a gracious heavenly Father and a gracious earthly husband. They love me and bear with me through the craziness. God reminds me I am fearfully and wonderfully made and as the workmanship of His hands I have been designed for good works already decided upon by Him.....for instance as Sammy's wife and my kiddos momma! I am a child of God, a help-mate for my hubby, a home-schooling momma, and on top of this He blesses me with moments in the middle to love people for His glory. All and all not a bad role to play! Thanks Lord for my small spot in this larger thing that is and should be all about YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment