Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hot Date


Tonite I have a date with my husband. Oh how I love date nights. In the hustle and bustle of this thing called life its nice just to slow down and take some time. We never do anything "extravagant" and that is fine by me. I really just love to sit next to him in the booth, take longer than 10 minutes to eat, to have conversation without stopping to take someone to the potty, and him seeing me in something other than sweatpants and a t-shirt stained with cheeots. You see before there was this family of five....there was just two people. These two people who kinda fell hard and quick for each other. One quiet and one not so quiet, one practical one impulsive, one disciplined and one free spirit....basically two people created to balance each other out. And when the balance doesn't work we still do cause underneath it all we just like each other. Too easy to forget where things began, but its that place that makes all the other stops on the journey possible. So today, 10 years later, I will wonder what to wear, pray for a good hair day, not feed the kids cheetos ;), and get a little giddy when he puts his hand on my leg. Thanks Sammy for still dating me after all these years! Loving You always!

No comments:

Post a Comment