Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sour Cream and Banannas

We have been working as a family with the Shawnee Rescue Mission for a while now, and since the day we first volunteered my little boy has been praying daily (and I do mean daily) for the homeless people we have served there. Ethan really has been the only one of the five of us to pray daily. In fact, my husband and I have shared many times how humbled we are by his diligence and faith in his praying for these people. It has really reminded me of the power of faithful prayer. So during these prayers he always prays they receive a home, which over the summer God did provide funding for a shelter-YAY, and then he prays that they could have bananas and sour cream. These are his two favorite foods so that's why the odd combo! Over the summer we had the amazing privilege of telling our two oldest about the shelter, and explaining how God answered this amazing prayer. They were both excited and not at all as surprised as we were, which again challenged my faith. Us big people need to quit acting surprised when God actually answers prayer- Hello He is faithful lol! Well, this morning we went down to our home church and picked up some donations (as we often do) for SRM. Then we headed downtown to drop them off. I got out to meet my helper in unloading and we traded some kind words and caught up a bit and I rattled off what was all in the sacks without much thought and got back in the car. As we are driving away Ethan says "Mom God likes sour cream too". I said, "what buddy"? "Mom, God gave our church a big bowl of sour cream and they gave it to Shawnee Rescue Mission". He had the biggest smile on his face and now I did too! I honestly didn't even think about it until he had said something. I really thought well this is random a whole bunch of sour cream, but it wasn't random at all! It was our amazing Father answering the prayer of His beloved three year old child! I not a betting woman but if I was...I would say bananas are next!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful, sweeties!! praise Him for answering ALL of our prayers for His glory!!! love your precious family, holly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove this story!! Oh the faith of a child! Looks like his mama is raisin' him right! :) love you!!

    ReplyDelete