Monday, April 8, 2013

A Heart content in waiting....

There are seasons in life.  Some clearly start and end, and those are the easy ones to spot, but some ebb and flow very close together.  The lines of separation are hard to distinguish.  It is these that I write about today.  When we find ourselves led by God to anticipate a new season or chapter, but its not quite time yet.  The joy of newness makes my heart happy, but the treasure in the waiting is worth a price too!  This is a season like that in my heart.  I feel led in a new direction and yet I feel compelled to stay put for now....kind of like God has given me a heads up for what is on the horizon.  Every Sanguine tendency in me wants to happy dance on over to the "new thing", but every Spirit controlled part of me knows to wait and pray.  Keep praying, keep digging into the Word, keep content in today.  This is hard for me.  This requires a big dose of Jesus for me.  

My husband, Sammy, is a great waiter.  I mean if there were classes to be taught on waiting he could do it.  He does it patiently, and kindly, wholeheartedly, and by his own admission sometimes he waits when he should move.  I say this to show you all I am just the opposite.  I don't wait well, I don't see the value in it (not true I do see value, but not usually until I am cleaning up the mess made from not waiting), I am a mover!!!  There is some good in this.  I am passionate, I am convinced and convincing,  I act before I can be scared, and adjust to change well.  The bad side is I act before I pray, I act before I think, I act sometimes just to keep from sitting, and the passion can fizzle if not accompanied by a plan from the Lord. In other words sometimes I put the "doing" for God before the believing God and praying to God.  So I am thankful for a hubby who thinks, prays, and waits. I do have to confess that I  secretly (or not so secretly) wish I could cut his waiting time by a forth or so! :) 

So today I am content in the waiting.  I am anticipating a new season while being content in this one.  What I am learning about contentment is that it doesn't exist in one season and then fail to exist in another.  Rather, its not contained in a season at all- its contained in me. And while I wait I do so actively, not passively, I pray for equipping , I search the Word with a heart intent on knowing more and more of Jesus, and I engage in today and its Kingdom Value- whatever it may be.  

So stay connected and content in the waiting.  I know today can seem routine and become weary, but seasons are important and can't be rushed!!  I love the fall but I am not ready for it until I have soaked every last drop of sun out of the summer.  So soak in today while hoping on eternity!

Psalm 27:13-14"Yet I am confident I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living.  Wait patiently for the Lord.  Be brave and courageous  Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.  

Psalm 130:5-6 " I wait for the Lord my soul waits, and in His word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning..."

Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment...1 Timothy 6:6

No comments:

Post a Comment