Thursday, April 18, 2013

Satisfied in the Morning...

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.....May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us-yes, establish the work of our hands." Psalm 90:14&17


These verses came to mind this morning.  I was buried deep in covers and surrounded by the the hum of my three babies sleeping.  Finally, the fell asleep around 2 am after some loud storms.  The light was sneaking in from behind the curtains which was a comforting change from the lightening that lit up the room during the night.  I laid there thankful for the morning.  The night had been long, loud, wet, and windy- it was storm.  

I was tired.  My babies usually sleep so I usually sleep, but I was awake for this storm.  My babies were awake and needed snuggling.  They needed to hear it was going to be ok.  They needed to know I was awake and I was there.  As things quieted down they relaxed, they were soothed, they trusted the storm would end...and they fell asleep.  As they awoke they smiled and walked into the day stretching out before them.  

As I read over these verses I thanked God for the storm.  Both the actual storm and the storms of life.  The storm last night was loud, scary, windy, but it also brought much needed rain.  It also ushered in the morning.  I was so happy to see the morning.  

Storms of life are like this too!!  They are loud, scary, dare to blow us over, and long....but they usher in the morning.  During the storm we are scared, awake, nervous, still, and waiting.  It is there in those storms, I have been comforted by my Jesus.  He has held my hand, snuggled me up, told me it would be for my good. He has calmed me, taken my burden and made it His, and He stays awake and with me until the storm passes!  He ushers in the morning!

So this morning I stumbled out of bed tired but thankful.  I began the day He laid out before me, with His favor resting on me,  and I was refreshed in Him by the work of my hands.  It wasn't epic or of monumental importance, but it was my work.  I stirred chocolate syrup into milk, explained rounding, helped mark vowels, switched laundry, cleaned toothpaste stained sinks, and rested.  It was my work for this day established by Him.  The storm had made me tired, but the morning was beautifully refreshing.  The storms do remind me of His unfailing love and the way He ushers in my day the morning after, and just moves me on...on to the work of living- living established by Him.  

This beautiful picture of Him in the storm left me satisfied this morning- and praising Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment