Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Keep Him Close

I had a very wise woman once tell me to write Scripture on note cards and put them all throughout your home.  I have some on the inside of most all my cabinets in my kitchen and laundry room.  I love these sweet nuggets of Truth sprinkled along my day.  I am always in the kitchen or laundry room so I read them often- I have some memorized!  On certain days I will frantically go to one of those rooms and pull open doors just to read the Truth on the other side.....like seriously frantically I am sure it would look quite comical to anyone watching.

Anyway, when I taped these up I just kind of stuck them up there.  No real order or thought behind it.  They were in a stack and so I just went all around in order to proximity and put them in place.  Thankfully, God is never ever random.  Every week it seems He has me opening the same cupboard over and over and when He is satisfied in that lesson, He has me in and out of a different cabinet over and over.  The week my husband had the flu...My verse was

 "Therefore as a prisoner of the Lord, I urge you to  live a life worthy of the calling you have received   Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love'  Eph 4:1 and 2.


 He knew I would need this to serve my husband, care for him, and be patient with my kiddos that week of being the only parent(Sammy was kept quarantined in our bedroom) .  It took humility  gentleness, and kindness to live the life He called me to that week.  I have several examples of how He has been good to use these verses, but I will just share one more that happened this morning.

I was standing in my kitchen getting ready for Bible study and honestly feeling a bit sad.  One of my dearest friends recently moved away and my heart misses her, but today I missed her even more, I always sat with her during Bible Study.  I also happened to be warming water to make some hot tea at the time, and this friend and I had shared endless cups of hot coffee/tea.  We would sit, laugh, pray, and sip together.  So my heart was a bit sad.  I began praying over this friend and asking for her day.  She has been going through so much with the change and she was on my heart.  So I prayed- and then the microwave timer "dinged" and I took out my hot water.  I walked to the cabinet that holds my coffee and tea and opened it....realizing just then that the verse in that cabinet is a verse He gave me for her a long time ago.  It is one of my faves and now I claim it as mine too...

"But blessed are those who trust in Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.  They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water.  Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought.  Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit" Jeremiah 17:7-8

There it was again....perfectly timed truth from God.  A nice reminder for her and I that He has us rooted in Him.  We are blessed, we are seen, we are loved, we are deep in Him, and we have no fear.  This is a new season of change for my friend.- but she will bear much fruit. This is  a season of the learning for me and I am rooted in Him....today I learn nothing is random.


 He is close and purposeful and I am thankful for that!!!  Hide His word in your hearts....and your cabinets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment